Event dates: Saturday, May 14th, 2022 to Wednesday, May 18th, 2022
Event Registration period: Saturday, January 1st, 2022 to Monday, May 23rd, 2022
Use this link to read all about The Big Muddy 2022 Big Muddy email invitation
The Big Muddy
On the Katy Trail
The Dates and Route: This 5-day ride begins in near Defiance, Missouri on Saturday, May 14. We ride to Hermann on Saturday May 14th, then to Jefferson City on May 15th, on to Boonville on May 16th, Sedalia on May 17th and finish in Clinton on May 18th.
The Ride Description:
We're heading south in May! As spring blooms, we invite you to saddle up and cross the state of Missouri on one of the loveliest rail-trails in the country, the Katy Trail. For five days, you'll follow the trail, much of it in view of the Missouri River (Big Muddy) with the benefit of PBV amenities in friendly Missouri towns, often near bars and restaurants, distilleries and breweries!
The Ride Inclusions:
· All trail user fees
· Camping fees in our reserved campsites
· 5 days cycling, baggage transport daily
· Fresh-brewed morning coffee
· Daily refreshment stop on the trail,
· Charging station for phones and devices (e-bikes welcome, charging available),
· Daily hot private shower and towel,
· Cold beverages in camp (some free, some $1),
· Daily town maps,
· souvenir Big Muddy t-shirt
· Optional tent rental
· Optional PHAT Room rental
· Optional breakfasts in camp
· Optional massage therapy
· Our cheerful Pork Crew to serve you.
PBV has a small fleet of rental bikes and rental e-bikes available for any of our trail rides (or other rides). To inquire, please write to Pete@pkbelly.com. And of course, you can charge an e-bike, yours or ours, in camp during the ride.rs) at a sweet price.
· If your friend or partner isn’t riding, bring an RV if you like--we'll find out more about the electrical hook-ups in our campsites and update this information.
· Non-riders are welcome to bring a car and stay with us in the overnight towns. (Of course, cars are not allowed on the actual trail, but you can meet up with riders in pass-through towns.)